It’s the holiday season at Busch Gardens® as the world’s most beautiful theme park begins its annual transformation into Christmas Town™, where Christmas shines brightest. Over the next several weeks, a 70-person team will turn Busch Gardens into a pine-scented Christmas wonderland lit by more than eight million twinkling lights, the most lights of any Christmas event in North America.
“Our team is working night and day to create a magical place for families to spend time together this holiday season,” said Vice President of Entertainment Pete Dunklee.
Christmas Town is open select days Nov. 27-Jan. 3, 2016. For a complete operating schedule, visit www.christmastown.com/va.
What’s New This Year
World champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko will headline a new holiday-themed ice show at Christmas Town this year. ‘Twas That Night™ is a live performance on ice being produced by the same team that created the park’s 2014 Scrooge No More!™ production.
‘Twas That Night is based on the popular poem A Visit From St. Nicholas, published in 1823 by Clement Moore, and will be performed at Busch Gardens’ Royal Palace Theatre. Busch Gardens’ entertainment team is transforming the theater’s stage into a glistening frozen pond, creating a nostalgic sense of wonderment during the retelling of this popular Christmas classic.
Christmas Town Deals
Active Busch Gardens pass members can purchase a Christmas Town Pass online for $30, a $5 savings off the general admission price. The Christmas Town Pass allows unlimited admission to Christmas Town during regular operating days. Active pass members also receive their regular membership benefits like free parking and discounts on in-park dining and merchandise. Complete details on purchasing a Christmas Town Pass can be found at www.bgwpass.com.
For guests without an active pass, a Christmas Town Fun Card is available for $35 and will provide unlimited admission to Busch Gardens Christmas Town. The Fun Card does not include membership benefits.
More information about Christmas Town and details about purchasing a Christmas Town Fun Card as well as other in-park amenities can be found at www.christmastown.com/va.
Christmas Town Fast Facts:
· The most Christmas lights of any event in North America. Eight million Christmas lights adorn the 100-acre park
· Eight-five percent of the lights used at Busch Gardens Christmas Town are energy saving LED lights
· More than 1,300 fresh-cut Christmas trees are placed throughout the park’s pathways and hills
· The fresh-cut Christmas trees are turned into mulch at the end of the season and used in the park’s planters and flower beds
· 25 miles of cables provide power for all the lights
· The park is wrapped in more than eight miles of garland
· More than 2,000 wreathes and artificial trees decorate inside areas, doors and windows
· More than one million lights are used to transform Escape from Pompeii® into the star attraction of Polar Pathway
· 20,000 Christmas ornaments are carefully placed on the trees
· 900 window candles and luminaries light the night sky