Summer may be coming to a close, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg’s Bier Fest is ready to showcase some of the country’s best beers to enthusiasts.
Park guests can toast the final few weekends of summer with some refreshing frosty beverages. This festival spans three weekends and features more than 100 beers tapped throughout the event, brewery talks from popular craft breweries, live local bands and traditional German food. Bier Fest takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Aug. 17 – Sept. 3. Beer bars throughout the park will offer guests unique draft and bottled beers from around the world, almost half of which come from breweries in Virginia.
And what’s Bier Fest without authentic German food? This year’s menu features an array of mouth-watering items, including roasted turkey legs, beer-battered bratwurst and a giant pretzel with bacon salt known as a Riesenbrezel.
Busch Gardens’ Burgermeister will host a firkin keg tapping ceremony on Fridays during the event.
Not only will the beer be cold, but park guests can enjoy sounds from top local bands:
• Daily performances; fan favorite THE HAPPY DUTCHMEN will perform each day during Bier Fest.
• Aug. 18; Jesse Chong brings his reggae infused jam-rock to the event.
• Aug. 25; acoustic guitarist Lewis McGehee performs.
• Sept. 1; Buck Shot Band, a modern country group, takes the stage.
• Sept. 2; the rock-n-roll band Super Doppler performs.
• Sept. 2 – 3; Kevin MaC brings his “Southern Swag” music to the stage.
For more information, including operating times, please visit buschgardens.com/williamsburg/events/beer-festival/