For electricity contact Dominion Power https://www.dominionenergy.com/home-and-small-business/manage-service
For water and sewer service contact JCSA 757-253-6800
Or for some residents of Kingsmill and Queens Lake who have other water sources please inquire for further info.
Newport News Waterworks contact info Phone: (757) 926-1000
The City of Williamsburg has its own water source, treatment plant and operates the distribution system. To initate or discontinue water service, complete the forms found here or call (757) 220-6188.
Gas service : VA Natural Gas http://www.virginianaturalgas.com/ 1-877-572-3342
Cox is the supplier for cable TV, Broadband and telephone. Here is their website for Cox www.cox.com/hr/.
If you want a simple land line or DSL Verizon is the other choice. They also offer a combo satellite TV/ DSL/phone option https://www.verizon.com/local/virginia/
James City County does not provide trash services. A few neighborhoods offer it as part of the HOA provided services but the majority of JCC home owners contract for trash service directly. County Waste typically has very competitive rates and service 804-843-9288 – Office. You can also try Republic Waste , Note that quite a few HOA’s offer trash collection included in your monthly HOA fee.
As part of a regional contract through the Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA), our curbside recycling service are provided by TFC Recycling.
Collection Calendar & Accepted Recyclables
The “My Schedule” feature above displays the recycling collection calendar for all County residential addresses, regardless of enrollment status in the County’s curbside recycling program. Call 757-253-6700 for more information or enroll in the County’s curbside recycling program to request curbside recycling service.
Billing & Procedures
- The fee for curbside recycling services is $7 per household per month
- Recycling haulers will not collect any items left outside the cart
- Services are pre-paid quarterly
- Payments can be made online or in person at the James City County Treasurer’s Office and the Satellite Services Office in Toano
- You may discontinue service at any time
Curbside Recycling 101
Learn about why we recycle, what we recycle and how we recycle.
Request Recycling Services-James City County
JCC’s curbside recycling program serves approximately 25,000 homes. If you live in the service area, a recycling cart and brochure will be delivered to your home upon request. Contact the Recycling Hotline at 757-253-6700 or via email to determine if curbside recycling is available in your area.
Curbside collection is provided bi-weekly. View the recycling schedule for your home.
James City County CONVENIENCE CENTER LOCATIONS AND OPERATING HOURS
City residents can use as well for a fee
Jolly Pond Road – 1204 Jolly Pond Rd. – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., seven days a week. Other recyclables taken at Jolly Pond Road are kitchen grease, waste motor oil and antifreeze, tires*, propane tanks*, scrap metal (including appliances), and brush*. (*coupons required). When using this facility, residents are urged to allow ample time to unload vehicles prior to the 5 p.m. closing.
Tewning Road – 117 Tewning Rd. – Monday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Tuesday – Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Closed – Sunday. Waste motor oil, antifreeze, and kitchen grease accepted.
Toano Convenience Center – 185 Industrial Blvd. (Hankins Industrial Park) – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., seven days a week. Other recyclables taken at the Toano Convenience Center are tires (coupons required), automobile batteries, motor oil, antifreeze, metal appliances, and kitchen grease.
The Convenience Centers are closed on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. On Christmas Eve, all centers will close at noon.
Convenience Center Coupons may be purchased at:
- Satellite Services Office, 3127 Forge Rd. (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Treasurer’s Office, 101-B Mounts Bay Rd. (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Freedom Park Office, 5535 Centerville Rd. (Mon-Fri, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat-Sun, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- James City/Williamsburg Community Center, 5301 Longhill Rd. (Mon-Thurs, 6 a.m.-9 p.m.; Fri, 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun 1-6 p.m.)
- James River Community Center, 8901 Pocahontas Trl. (Mon-Thurs, 4-9 p.m.; Fri, 4-8 p.m.)
For more information, call Solid Waste at 757-565-0971. Coupon books are $20.00 and contain five coupons.
James City County also offers a Bulk Pickup Service for items like appliances, construction debris, yard waste (brush, grass, leaves) etc.
A pre-pay service is available to James City County residents for a fee of $75.00 per visit. No commercial / business waste will be accepted.
The following is a list of the material that will be accepted:
- 4 bulky items (washer, dryer, refrigerator, couch, chair, table, etc.) per appointment; or
- 4 yds. construction / demolition or misc. debris per appointment; or
- 4 yds. yard waste (brush, grass, leaves) per appointment; or
- 2 yds. tree trunks (no more than 24 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length) per appointment; or
- 1 tree stump (no more than 24 inches in diameter) per appointment.
Bulk Pickup City of Williamsburg FREE
Yard Debris – 10 bags of leaves/grass clippings OR ten bundles of sticks/limbs tied with twine or boxed. Stick/limbs must be less than 4 feet in length and 3 inches in diameter. Place curbside without an appointment on your assigned collection day.
Household Bulk – By appointment only, items include sofas, chairs, washers/dryers, mattresses, refrigerators. Residents must call the City two days prior to the desired pickup. Items must be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. on the collection day. Collections are limited to two items per collection with three collections per year. REMODELING OR BUILDING MATERIALS are not allowed for collection. Please call 220-6140 to arrange a bulk pick up.