On April 14 at 4:14 p.m., units from the James City County Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 70 block of Winster Fax in the Kingsmill subdivision. The homeowner called 911 reporting fire in the kitchen, and first arriving units found heavy fire conditions. The fire was brought under control at 4:49 p.m., after causing extensive fire damage to the first floor and smoke damage to the second floor. The fire was determined to be caused by unattended cooking. There were no injuries. The Williamsburg Fire Department assisted.